Our children, young people and their families will be meaningfully engaged with learning and combined with high quality learning experiences, all children and young people will extend their potential.
We will ensure that, through meaningful engagement in learning, high quality learning experiences and skilful staff, all of our children, regardless of their circumstances, will be successful learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens who contribute to their communities. We have ambitious targets for raising attainment and achievement.
What we will do to ensure children and young people succeed:
- Ensure children who are at risk of not achieving their potential are provided with the extra support they need
- Provide parents, carers and young people with opportunities to be active partners through supported learning and consultation on improvement plans
- Implement initiatives for post-school training, apprenticeships and further and higher education to improve pathways to employment
- Promote collaborative working across schools and their communities to support robust self-evaluation and improved quality of provisions
- Support young people to make informed choices and exercise greater control as they transition to adulthood
- Ensure close partnership working is designed to close inequality gaps, address complex needs and share good practice that already exists