Our children and young people will have the best start in life, they will be cared for and supported to learn in nurturing environments.
We will work alongside families (pre-birth – 5 years) to improve children’s wellbeing and encourage early social and emotional development. In partnership with parents and carers, we will support children in their early years to ensure all children and young people in Tayside are given the best start in life.
What we will do to ensure children get the best start in life in Tayside:
- Provide targeted multi-agency support to families to ensure children aged 0-5 years reach their developmental milestones
- Deliver a new Health Visiting Pathway and expand the Family Nurse Partnership Programme
- Realign resources ti improve the availability and impact of early intervention services, including for children who have a disability or complex needs
- Deliver on the 5 ambitions of Ready to Act, the National Allied Health Professional (AHP) transformational plan
- Develop and implement an evidence-based Tayside parenting strategy in partnership with Health and Social Care and other appropriate partnerships
- Develop and deliver high quality, flexible early learning and childcare provision
- Develop ways to support speech, language and communication capacity, including inclusive communication with children, young people and parents