Cost of the School Day Professional Learning Sessions
October 26 @ 4:00 pm - November 2 @ 5:00 pm
· Tuesday, 26 October 2021- 16:00-17:00 – Teams
· Tuesday, 2 November 2021 – 16:00-17:00 – Teams
Join Tayside colleagues at two twilight sessions this Autumn, exploring child poverty and good practice in tackling the Cost of the School Day. These take place over two consecutive Tuesdays and are open to all practitioners working in or with Dundee, Angus and Perth and Kinross schools.
Sessions will be led by the Cost of the School Day team at Child Poverty Action Group in Scotland alongside inputs from a range of schools in each local authority, Education Scotland Attainment Advisors and local Education Officers.
Sessions will offer participants:
· Up to date information on child poverty, including the impact of Covid-19
· Cost of the School Day learning from local SAC reports
· Inputs from primary and secondary schools across Tayside showcasing their Cost of the School activities and discussing its impact
· Practical ideas from schools across Scotland
· Helpful resources, including the Cost of the School Day Toolkit and Talking about Costs and Money at School
· Professional discussion with colleagues across the region on challenges and solutions in your schools.
Teams links for each session will be forwarded to you in advance of each session.
See poster here – Tayside Cost of the School Day sessions Oct 26 and Nov 2