An Online Learning Update for Practitioners has been produced by the Tayside Regional Improvement Collaborative (TRIC). This document provides an update on current support available to practitioners across the Tayside Region to support and improve the online remote learning of children and young people.
In addition to the online learning being provided by schools, support is being made available through the National e-Learning Offer. There are currently three elements of support available:
- LIVE lessons are being organised and delivered through eSgoil – for more information on their live webinar sessions and to register please use the following link:
- RECORDED learning video sessions, which are being made available via West OS, will provide recorded learning experiences for children and young people. All staff and young people will be able to access using the West OS tile on the Glow Launchpad. More content is being continually uploaded and further subject areas across both Primary and Secondary will be available soon. A video to help you do this is available.
- SUPPORTED content material created by practitioners searchable via an online blog. As part of the National e-Learning Offer, a series of spreadsheets that cover a number of senior phase national qualifications have been curated to share resources. You can access the supported content via the following link:
What is West OS?
West OS is an online school created by teachers, providing recorded learning experiences for children and young people. The TRIC would like to acknowledge the valuable contribution of Tayside practitioners to the West OS.
Each West OS video:
- Is 10 minutes of input from an experienced teaching practitioner;
- Is designed to support learning to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relating to a key learning concept;
- Can be used as a standalone learning activity; and
- Is best used as part of a wider learning experience.
For further information on the update for practitioners or West OS, please contact:
Tayside Regional Improvement Collaborative Implementation Officer
Email: [email protected]