- This event has passed.
Tayside Maths – Spotlight On… Numicon
There are three Numicon sessions taking place on 24th January 2022.
The workshop choices are:
Option 1: Why Cuisenaire rods are an important member of the Numicon family
- Develop an understanding of the Cuisenaire Rods and how they can make abstract mathematical ideas real and visible
- To consider how Cuisenaire Rods can support pupils to deepen their understanding of key mathematical concepts
- To engage and experience activities supported by Cuisenaire Rods
- Discover useful ideas and strategies which can be applied back in your classroom
Option 2: Fractions in action – making sense of the numbers
- Explore a range of Numicon manipulatives that support the CPA approach to teaching
- Consider how to develop a deep understanding of fractions through tried and tested planning, teaching and assessment materials
- Feel inspired to apply these ideas and strategies to your own classroom
Option 3 – Use it or lose it! The importance of mental calculation and how Numicon can help
- Consider the importance of mental calculation throughout the primary phase
- Explore and engage with a range of Numicon manipulatives to support mental calculation from early years to Secondary
- Discover how Numicon supports the development of mental calculation through tried and tested planning, teaching and assessment materials
- Feel inspired to take useful ideas and strategies back in your classroom
Please use the below form to indicate which session you would like to attend.
Register here –Tayside Maths – Spotlight On… Numicon (office.com)